Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) in the Spatial Transformation of Food Systems
Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) with experience in utilising spatial information science to assess the transformational and adaptive capacity of people and systems for sustainable and resilient food provision.
- You possess a PhD in fields like: Geography, Agriculture, Ecology, Resilience Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Geo-informatics, Computer Science or Data Science
- Expertise in spatial analysis, geo-information, remote sensing, simulation modelling and agent-based modelling.
- You have proven scientific creativity combined with a publishing record of acknowledged quality and a strong interest in developing innovative solutions for the measurement, monitoring and modelling of resilience in food systems in developing countries.
- An aptitude for teaching at Master or Bachelor levels and supervising PhD candidates in English
- Experience in undertaking international project work and enthusiasm to work in all regions that ITC is active
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm to work in a range of international and interdisciplinary contexts
- An excellent command of English. Knowledge of, or willingness to learn Dutch is an advantage
Department of Natural Resources – Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC) – University of Twente (UT)
Submit your application before the 1st of November 2020.
Full details in this link.