ETH Zurich is offering a free online course on Smart Cities.
In this 10 weeks course you will learn to:
- Understand the concept of smart cities, why these are still prototypes and what the challenges are.
- Identify the principle of stocks and flows of information in cities at different scales.
- Understand the concept of citizen design science and its importance for responsive cities.
- Understand the concept of complexity science in the context of architecture and city planning.
- Learn through citizen design science how you can interact and get involved in the planning of your own cities.
- Articulate what a responsive city is, and identify the criteria for a city to be responsive.
The course can have a verified certificate for 45€.
Register at edX Smart Cities